Today I visited my favorite burger place, Five Guys Burgers and Fries. My visit was spontaneous based on me being hungry for food that would be made to order when I ordered it, the way I ordered it and hot when I sink my teeth into thee. No matter if it is now or 10 minutes from now. It will be H.O.T.. Although, I could have picked healthier options for lunch, I couldn’t have picked a better tasting place to have a caloric meltdown. Let me tell you why…
- The person at the register is always glad to see me. I believe this place to be a judgement free zone. Today, I was dressed as if I was going or coming from a rigorous workout. I’m sure they knew my outfit was deceitful, but they didn’t say anything. Even though I probably should’ve been next door at Panera ordering lighter food options they understood my hearts desire for american cheese melted over beef patties served between two buns, hot fries and, a coke.
- Anything I ask for, the answer is always yes! They want it to be perfect for me. I love that the burger is not on the griddle until I place my order. I love it that the Fries are not dropped in the hot grease until I say I want fries (Who wants not hot fries? Not me.) The menu board gives all the options available for ordering hot dogs, burgers (cheeseburgers, bacon burgers, 1 patty or, 2), other sandwich options are available too. The list of free toppings makes my excitement climb even higher! Remember, this is all just for me…. At least that’s what I tell myself.
- They are generous with the fries. When you order a regular size fry at five guys they pour love into the bag of happieness by adding more fries to your now full cup of fries. Picture this: Your specially made burger of choice is tightly wrapped in foil and now in the paper bag marinating all the flavors together. Very shortly after, the fries you order are added to the bag, your order is complete. (At least that’s what you think on the first visit). You have your beverage in hand and ketchup cups ready..You are just waiting for the food preparer just to turn around and give you your bag….. Nope, she didn’t. This is only taking a few seconds by the way. But, what happens next is nothing but LOVE. She adds more fries to the bag!!!! And not just a few fries, enough for another person. That is a crime in some jurisdictions. But, what people do for love is not for me to judge. Finally, I have my bag of LOVE. Hot fries overflowing!!!
- Imagine getting your yumminess and driving home and it’s still hot. Yes, I said it. I’ll say it again. The food is still hot when you get home! Blasphemy, you say? Well, I’ve seen it! It happened to me! My Five Guys of choice is at least 10 miles away using the expressway and I have ordered my food to go several times and it is still always so good when I make it home. Anything is possible when it’s done in love….
- They serve appetizers. That is a true story. They have an unlimited supply of peanuts to snack on while you wait for your order. Now, I don’t eat nuts or peanuts, so I don’t take advantage of this perk. I will give them credit though. It’s the thought that counts, right?
- Conversation topics are a plenty at a Five Guys restaurant: When you enter the joint you will see artwork on a bulletin board made by school children usually to say thank you to the restaurant. Magazine articles are posted all around, the topic is all about Five Guys and how much other people love them too. Last but not least, you will always know where the potatoes you are going to eat are coming from. They write it on a white board and probably refresh it daily or, when the grower/distributor changes. Communication is the key for a relationship to work. 😉
- COKE products!!!! Need I say more?The Coke Freestyle pop machine is magical for anyone who wants to create their own soda recipe. The possibilities are unlimited. For me, classic coke or classic cherry coke makes me the happiest.
- Now serving milkshakes and malts! I personally have not experienced the milkshakes but, whenever someone speaks ice cream to me my eyes sparkle! Milkshakes are not available at my favorite location but, I promise we will have a rendezvous soon.
- The employees always look clean wear gloves and, they change them between jobs of register and food prep. They post Safe Serve signs! Yes, all of that is a restaurant after my own heart.
- $13.75 that’s what I pay for the promise of mouthwatering, delicious crispy hot fries, a perfectly cooked and dressed two patty cheeseburger and a large coke. Although my bank account says I have no business paying almost 14 bucks for any food that comes in a to go bag, I spend it anyway. This is worth it. Everytime.
- BONUS!! They always give me a chance to win my hard earned money back.
This is why I love Five Guys Burgers and Fries they way I do. What’s on your dream hamburger? Who makes it the best? Where should I try next? Let me know in the comments.
Questions or comments? Leave them below. Thank you!
Talk to you soon,